Academics at Hawaii On Line Univeristy
We are building a History of Academic Excellence- Be Part of our Success !
Hawaiʻi On Line University is building a history of high-quality academic progress — We are centered and focused on students like you.
At Hawaiʻi On Line University, you will:
- Build critical thinking and communication skills
- Foster intellectual and ethical development
- Engage in life-changing, hands-on learning practical experiences
- Be prepared for a life of meaning, leadership and service
If you haven’t decided on your major, don’t worry. Hawaii On Line will give you the opportunity to explore many different programs and majors so that you can discover — or clarify — your passion.
With a select number of students, we are small enough to offer you the personal attention and support you need to succeed —but large enough to offer:
- undergraduate majors and minors
- A variety of master’s degrees
- Numerous graduate certificates in education and business
- Doctoral degrees in education and social work
- Undergraduate and graduate degree programs at the Open campus in Hawaii
Transformative and Forward looking Faculty
Our student-faculty ratio is small enough and our average class size is designed for 20-23 students. That means you’ll get to know your professors — and they’ll get to know you and how you learn best. Our faculty members are award-winning scholars but that doesn’t mean they’re unapproachable. They’re teachers first who are dedicated to helping students like you succeed.
Hawaii On Line University (HOU) believes your needs as a student are best served through partnerships with like-minded institutions and organizations. Our social work students, for example, collaborate with area social services agencies. The STEM Partnership School on the HOU campus—a collaboration among HOU, local and international school districts, and corporate and non-profit institutions—is a model for education that prepares students for achievement in science, technology, engineering and mathematics while engaging teachers from the partner districts as faculty. These teachers complete graduate coursework in STEM fields and become leaders in mathematics and science education.
All our instructors are dedicated to our core tenets, principles, mission and vision