School of Sciences Towards Medicine Careers
We are not authorized to confer Doctoral or M.D. Degrees in Medicine
We can Prepare you for your Medical Degree
- Test Prep: ASVAB, PCAT, MCAT, DAT, AP, SAT, SATII, Regents/State Exams
- College Level: Physics, Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Biology, Math
- High School: Chemistry, Biology, Living Environment, Earth Science, Physics
- Middle School: General Science, Math
The Medical College Admission Test® (MCAT®), developed and administered by the AAMC, is a standardized, multiple-choice examination created to help medical school admissions offices assess your problem solving, critical thinking, and knowledge of natural, behavioral, and social science concepts and principles prerequisite to the study of medicine.
Hawaii On Line University is equipped to help you take the above exam prior to your acceptance to any medical school.Learn how to build relationships with mentors, make time to explore all your medical career options, manage your finances, take care of your physical and mental health, and more.
- Other Resources to Prepare for the MCAT Exam, Please see caveats regarding some of the teachings of the Khan Academy.
- Caveats !
- The Khan Academy
Other MCAT Study Tools
The following resource is a free download to help you study for the MCAT on the subject os Psychology and Sociology:
Hawaii On Line University Medical School Prep
Pre- Medicine School Program from the School of Chemical Engineering
School of Genetics Engineering – Initial Courses
MIT Open CourseWare. https://ocw.mit.edu/courses/biology/7-03-genetics-fall-2004/
Study of Genetics discusses the principles of human and living creature’s genes with application to the study of biological function at the level of molecules, cells, and multicellular organisms, including humans.
Topics include: structure and function of genes, chromosomes and genomes, biological variation resulting from recombination, mutation, and selection, population genetics, use of genetic methods to analyze protein function, gene regulation and inherited disease.
School of Biomedical Engineering
Program Educational Objectives
Graduates of the Biomedical Engineering Program of the Hawaiʻi On Line University may obtain employment in a wide variety of biomedical engineering fields. Many further their education to pursue careers in research, medicine, business, law, or other areas.
Hours And Rates:
We charge $135/hour for regular tutoring hours are Mon-Fri 9am – 5pm Eastern time.
We also offer LIMITED night/weekend sessions at $180/hour.
Policy and Procedure for Scheduling an Online Session
- You will need a webcam and microphone or headset.
- Submit your preferred day/time using the form below . The more hours you suggest, the more likely we will have that slot available.
- Payment via PayPal is required PRIOR to your session (your time-slot will NOT be held prior to payment. We apologize for this strict timeline, but we are unable to block another student from scheduling for a ‘possible’ or tentative class)
Hawaii On Line University preparation for the MCAT System accepts only VISA and MasterCard, including debit cards with the VISA or MasterCard logo. We regret we are unable to accept other forms of payment.
We will process your registration immediately upon submission. The registration process cannot be reversed once it has begun, and thus you will be responsible for all fees. If you reverse the credit card charge, or if payment is declined for any reason, you must provide an alternative form of payment at initial registration, in case of decline. Otherwise, the University will cancel your registration, withhold all scores (even scores from previous years), and disallow future registration and other services until arrears are made current.
All test takers and students may be required to pay applicable sales tax, value-added tax, Goods and Services Tax, or similar taxes required by law in the country or locality in which they are testing. If taxes are applicable, they will be collected at the time of scheduling.
- Cancellation Policy We require 1 week’s notice to cancel a session for a full refund
- We charge a 10% fee for rescheduling your class on a shorter notice.
Scheduling Note: Afternoon hours (3pm – 6pm EST) tend to fill up really fast, if this is your only available time I suggest trying to schedule 1-2 weeks in advance. Morning hours are more likely to be available and can sometimes be scheduled with just a few days notice
Exam time fills up FAST in Late November/early December, and May. Please try to book your pre-final appointments a full 2 weeks in advance to ensure you get your desired day/time
Hawaii On Line University.org