OPT-1233 Medical Biochemistry for 1st Year Optometry Students
“Now fully revised, this acclaimed textbook efficiently links basic biochemistry with the day-to-day practice of medicine. You will learn basic science concepts and see them illustrated by clinical cases that describe patients you will likely encounter in your clinical training”.
“You will also learn about the use of laboratory tests to diagnose and monitor the most important conditions. Brought to you in a thorough yet accessible manner, this new edition of Medical Biochemistry highlights the latest developments in regulatory and molecular biology, signal transduction, biochemistry and biomarkers of chronic disease, and bioinformatics and the ‘-omics’”.
“It highlights the most important global medical issues: diabetes mellitus, obesity and malnutrition, cancer and atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease, and addresses the role of nutrition and exercise in medicine”.
- Featuring a team of expert contributors that includes investigators involved in cutting-edge research as well as experienced clinicians, this book offers a unique combination of research and clinical practice tailored to today’s integrated courses.
- Read organ-focused chapters addressing the biochemistry of the bone, kidney, liver, lungs and muscle; and system-focused ones addressing the biochemistry of the immune and endocrine systems, neurochemistry and neurotransmission, and cancer”.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.
Note: Available at a lower price from other sellers that may not offer free Prime shipping.
According to the editor, “For nearly 30 years, Principles of Medical Biochemistry has integrated medical biochemistry with molecular genetics, cell biology, and genetics to provide complete yet concise coverage that links biochemistry with clinical medicine. The 4th Edition of this award-winning text by Drs. Gerhard Meisenberg and William H. Simmons has been fully updated with new clinical examples, expanded coverage of recent changes in the field, and many new case studies online. A highly visual format helps readers retain complex information, and USMLE-style questions (in print and online) assist with exam preparation”.
New to this Edition
- Clinical Boxes and Clinical Content demonstrate the integration of basic sciences and clinical applications, helping readers make connections between the two. New clinical examples have been added throughout the text.
- Student Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience includes access — on a variety of devices — to the complete text, images, and references from the book.
- Key Features
- Just the right amount of detail on biochemistry, cell biology, and genetics – in one easy-to-digest textbook.
- Full-color illustrations and tables throughout help students master challenging concepts more easily.
- Online case studies serve as a self-assessment and review tool before exams.
- Glossary of technical terms, both in print and online.