All students must have access and or possess all of the following technical resources:
To complete an online degree program or take courses completely from your home computer, your computer system will need to meet some basic minimum requirements to be able to use the Blackboard application or Adobe Connect or Zoom.
- Operating System: Windows XP (32-bit), Vista (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit), Mac OSX 10.5 “Leopard®”, Mac OSX 10.6 “Snow Leopard®”
- Sun Java Runtime Environment (JRE): JRE 6
- Cookies: Enabled
- Windows: Internet Explorer 8 or higher, Firefox 3.6 or Firefox (Final Release Channel), Chrome (Stable Channel),
- Mac OS X: Firefox 3.6 or Firefox (Final Release Channel, Safari 4.0 or higher, Chrome (Stable Channel)
- Processor – 1 GHz processor
- Memory – 512 MB of RAM
- Monitor Resolution –1024 x 768
- Free Hard Disk Space – 5 GB
- Internet Connection – Broadband Internet connection with minimum speed of 1.5 Mbps
- Java – 1.6.0_29 or higher
- Speakers, if necessary
- Microphone if your instructor requires two way communication.
- There may be other additional requirements as given by your instructor for each course.